Need these for some part-time work
- Launch Templates https://docs.aws.amazon.com/autoscaling/ec2/userguide/LaunchTemplates.html
- Spot Fleet Scaling https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/spot-fleet-step-scaling.html
- EC2 Auto Scaling Limits https://docs.aws.amazon.com/autoscaling/ec2/userguide/asg-capacity-limits.html
- EC2 Spot Instance Requests https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/spot-requests.html?icmpid=docs_ec2_console
- Launch template –> AMI User data MIME scripts https://docs.aws.amazon.com/batch/latest/userguide/launch-templates.html#example-mount-an-existing-amazon-efs-file-system
- Static (Elastic) IPs https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/ec2-associate-static-public-ip/
- AWS EC2 autoscaling (external blog guide) https://www.cloudsavvyit.com/2043/getting-started-with-aws-autoscaling/
- [StackOverflow] literally the point of Spot Instances https://stackoverflow.com/a/11996798/5945794
- AWS SLA https://aws.amazon.com/compute/sla/
- AWS EC2 SSH Connect https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ec2-instance-connect-methods.html
- EC2 On Demand https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/on-demand/
- EC2 Spot Instance pricing history https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/using-spot-instances-history.html
- EC2 Spot Pricing current history https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/spot/pricing/
- Reserved EC2 instance https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/reserved-instances/pricing/
- Cloudwatch https://aws.amazon.com/cloudwatch/pricing/
- EC2 Autoscaling (no charge)
- EBS Storage https://aws.amazon.com/ebs/pricing/
@ 1:05 there’s also a lovely vox cut using a trick i use pretty extensively on samples… nice to see someone else using it.
zoom related hacker news submissions generally tend to draw out the crypto-blockchain-secure-all-the-things-even-if-it-means-i-have-to-wear-a-tinfoil-hat-to-work-becuase-they’re-all-spying-on-me crowd.
the likelihood of an individual blaming “CHINA” for all the things is proportional to the number of comments on such submissions, which is proportional to the amount of time a submission spends on the front page.
given enough time someone will make a comparison to nazis (thank god for dang).
basically… there’s a lot of people who visit hacker news who may need some tin foil hats.
ergo, today’s safe money is in selling hacker news themed tin foil hats with statements like “i can smell your dark patterns without even viewing your website” or “all hail the holy signal protocol” et cetera et cetera.
hit me up if you’re interested in working on an exciting new tin foil based business adventure. i’m sure we can find a way to make it an open source company too.
when did this name change happen?!
my mouse is shockingly bad at at higher sensitivity settings so cloud do with a new wirless mouse, currently logitech looking like the likely long term likely choice (anyone know of a synonym for choice that begins with the letter l?)
update — went for this one becuase (a) it’s cheaper (b) i’m not a cs:go professional so wireless isn’t the end of the world (c) it has a load of utility buttons so i can stop keyboard shortcutting everything.
now just have to hope it runs fine as PnP on linux.
Folks keep telling me I probably have some form of ADHD and the wealth of random pieces of paper that I scribbled on 14 months ago yet still occupy space in my living room may attest to that.
So this might be a worthy £400 expenditure to solve the “paper” problem without buying a full blown tablet.
I always forget how to set this up — especially in newer versions of ableton where the UI has changed around
Been heavily into the Arma 3 CDLC recently and an excerpt of this harrowing recording is played at the end of the co-op missions
This is a recording of two Recon Teams (RT’s) who are in dire straits. Both RT’s are loosing a battle wherby death is immenient.
RT Colorado is the team that is running for its life. RT Hawaii is holding their own. Both RT’s have called out a “Prairie Fire” in Laos near the Ho Chi Minh Trail and are approximately 10 miles apart as the crow flies. Colorado has just been hit by a North Vietnamese platoon of 40 men who desire no more than to wipe this team completely off the face of the Earth.
What exactly does a “Prairie Fire mean? It means at least three things, they are: 1) You are in contact with a much superior force than yours. 2) Either completely surrounded or will be. 3) Death is imminent.
All pilots that flew gunships, helicopters, attack and fighter aircraft were given a “briefing” before flying in country. That briefing entailed what to do if a FAC has called out a “Prairie Fire” over the radio. By the rules in Vietnam everyone listening was to stop what they were doing and come to the aid of the FAC/Recon Team(s).
When you here Platster call on the radio: “I have your smoke, where do want the firepower brought in?” you will hear Pat Mitchel’s voice stating that “[There are] only two of us left and Charlie is dead on our ass!”. Mixter was killed a few minutes before this and the Indigenous troops are nowhere to be seen. Also, it is during this time that Mitchel is carrying Lyn St Laurent as he is seriously wounded himself. They are fighting for for their lives.
I always forget the links for these